Friday, February 7, 2014

We had a baby!

Announcing the arrival of Michael Easton Gibbons:

9 lbs. 3 oz. 22 inches long

Wait a just a little second... That was 5 MONTHS AGO!!! You've got to be kidding me, right? I didn't know that going from 3 children to 4 would make our days, weeks, and months fly by! Our Easton-boy or Captain E-O as Michael likes to call him (still not quite sure where that's from) is an absolute angel. He came to earth with the greatest capacity to love! I'm pretty sure he was meant to be sent to another family but he and Heavenly Father knew we needed him. He has brought so much joy to our lives. The girls love him so much, too.

There hasn't really been a whole lot that is new with us. Michael is still teaching the 14/15-year-olds in Sunday School and working his tail off at Platinum (he has such a cool job). And I am still with the YW (I LOVE IT!!!). Huge accomplishment for me this week, though: I got caught up with the dishes! Woot! That was huge for me. I did it all while jamming along to Celine Dion. My girls were having a blast being Divas, too! Lily even went to grab her TuTu while she sang and danced. I love having girls. I'm getting ready to record a few songs in the studio. Wow, now that I've said it I hope I stick to it! It's been a goal of mine for a long time and my sweet husband even "gave" that to me as a gift for Christmas a year ago. I've had a hard time finding songs I like and sound good singing but feel like I've nailed a few down. Oh, this isn't for anything commercial, just for some demo stuff and maybe put on a website to advertise for voice lessons someday.

My next big project, though, is moving in to our house. Oh yes, we've lived here for almost 2 years but now I want to really decorate and finish some projects we've started. And just ORGANIZE!!! We still have quite a few boxes to go through of memory things (those always take me so long because I want to look at everything). Anyhoo, I'm gonna make myself some To-Do lists and Get some things DONE. Since I've been sleeping the past 5 months or wait, not sleeping because I've had a newborn which means I'm always sleepy. He's sleeping much better now and I have tons of motivation in me to help our house feel more like our home and like the Temple. Until next time, adios.

Our attempt at getting a family picture on New Year's Eve: "we are a happy family!"

No comments: