Thursday, May 6, 2010

My First Try @ French Bread



Since Michael served his mission in France I've been trying to learn how to bake bread like the French do (this is an almost impossible, because real French bread is AMAZING or so I hear) - this was my first try at French Bread! I liked how it turned out as far as the taste goes and how crunchy it got on the outside; however, I think I would've liked it to be a little bit more fluffy on the inside, I think I added a tiny bit too much flour - Michael said it was great for my first time . . . The difference between American French bread and French French bread is the outside crust. Our ovens can't get as hot as French ovens so what I had to do was put a bowl of water in the oven along with the bread to make it "feel" hotter. It seemed to do the trick. I'll let you know how the next batch goes . . .

No comments: